Asheville is the home of the Asheville Tourists (with one of the coolest minor league logos), Single-A affiliate of the Colorado Rockies – https://www.milb.com/asheville
McCormick Field is located at 30 Buchanan Place, Asheville, NC 28801 and built in the 1920s, the historic ballpark is a throwback with strange dimensions and contours. Right-field is definitely shorted than listed, don’t be fooled!
Parking is located right next to the ballpark on Buchanan Place. There’s street parking and if you’re lucky you can ask Larry the lot attendant to get you in with your Scout ID (usually reserved for VIP’s but sometimes they have enough room for scouts).
Where to stay
A few different options and 2 new downtown properties located just a few minutes drive from the ballpark:
* Hilton Garden Inn with a sweet rooftop bar/restaurant and just a few minutes walk into downtown – https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/north-carolina/hilton-garden-inn-asheville-downtown-AVLADGI/index.html
* AC Hotel (Marriott) Asheville is brand new and located right in the heart of downtown – https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/avlac-ac-hotel-asheville-downtown/
Where to eat
* Green Sage Cafe Downtown – hip, vegan joint, sustainable and great food – https://www.greensagecafe.com/
* Jerusalem Garden Cafe – hole in the wall but awesome mediterranean fare – https://www.jerusalemgardencafe.com/
Where to drink
Link restaurant websites and brief description
- The Speakeasy: https://www.thecrowandquill.com/ – An awesome venue that makes you feel like you’re in a Edgar Allen Poe story.
- The Breweries: http://ashevilleblog.com/asheville-brewery-list/
- 1. Catawba
- 2. Hi-Wire
- 3. Wicked Weed
- 4. Thirsty Monk
- 5. Green Man
- The Biltmore is a tourist treasure, one of American’s largest homes and an architectural delight: https://www.biltmore.com/
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park